Technical Writer – Health / Mental Health
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Job Specific Requirements:
- Generate all website copy on new page content, video descriptions, topic category names, as well as overseeing site-wide copy consistency.
- Provide written content to convey valuable client information that engages and motivates the reader to do something.
- Write medical or mental health content that adheres to standards of plain language and can successfully convey complex information to readers at varying levels of health literacy and numeracy.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- At least 5 years’ experience writing health or mental health content for the web.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to adhere to standards of plain language and be able to successfully convey complex information to readers at varying levels of health
- Three examples of writer’s web copy, demonstrating excellence in plain language. This includes the ability to make complex scientific and medical issues comprehensible to a general audience, and the ability to create actionable messaging to promote behavior changes.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year