Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Not Anticipated, Up to 25% CONUS, etc.
The purpose of this task/contract is to support to for the NSWG-1 N6 Communication and Information Technology Department to assist with the man, train, and equip mission of NSWG-1 Echelon IV commands in support of their training and deployment.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Conduct in depth analysis on SEAL team operations and environments in order to define specific C4I capabilities, capacities, and requirements.
- Perform research and collaborate with the Echelon II NSW Command, fellow Echelon III commands, subordinate Echelon IV commands, and industry partners; to forecast changes in technology and develop advanced tactical portable telecommunications.
- Recommend changes to formal requirements and resourcing documents to capture emergent changes in the battlefield environment.
- Advise the Communications, Requirements, and Operations Department Heads on strategic communications and information technology programs and systems.
- Participate in working groups with Echelon I and II NSW and other government agency C4I program leads, strategizing NSW C4I system and equipment issues, information technology goals and objectives in accordance with DOD, SOCOM, and Department of the Navy (DON) regulations.
- Develop congressional level position papers defining NSW C4I deficiency gaps and their operational impact.
- Make recommendations in support of funding to conduct research and development of material solutions.
- Participate in command’s equipment review board to provide C4I subject matter expertise to assess requirements and formulate courses of action and plans for distribution and sustainment of communications systems and information technology equipment for future deployment plans.
- Coordinate with deployed SEAL Teams and other joint services to fulfill requests for communication equipment and material requirements to ensure effective secure voice/data/video systems are functional during mission critical operations.
- Ensure continuous chain of receipt is maintained to ensure shipment of equipment to appropriate locations.
- Identify C4I program strengths and weaknesses in terms of basic program goals and objectives.
- Account for operational readiness shortfalls of tactical communication and information technology equipment, systems, maintenance, and sustainment.
- Review and provide document revisions to Special Operations Forces Echelon I Command’s C4I system programs capabilities production documents (CPD) on behalf of NSWG 1 to ensure current quantities, capabilities, and requirements are accurately reflected within the documentation.
- Prepare and submits requirements for communication and information technology equipment and systems to Echelon I and II commands based on SEAL Team input.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks.
- Comply with the DON Cyber IT/CSWF Program requirements of DoD 8570.1-M and SECNAV M-5239.2 at the Journeyman level. Preferred COMPTIA Security+ certification. Waiverable for first 6 months from award or start of new employment with KO or COR approval.
- Subject matter expert with at least four years of hands on Special Operations Forces (SOF) C4I, or tactical expeditionary telecommunications experience, or Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications Engineering or similar degree.
- Possess and maintain an active Department of Defense (DoD) TOP SECRET security clearance with current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- At least two years of experience with DoD acquisitions management. Proficient in executive level writing, technical writing and Microsoft Office products.
- Naval Special Warfare Command, SOF, or Navy experience desired and preferred.
- Possess a valid U.S driver’s license.
- Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs. Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- A U.S. Citizen who possesses a current and valid U.S. passport, and maintain a valid U.S. passport for the entire period of performance of the contract.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Physical Requirements: Work is sedentary in nature, but requires walking, climbing of stairs (as found on ships), standing, stooping, and bending will be required. Position requires adequate eyesight for reading, adequate hearing for verbal communication and phone calls, and no debilitating medical conditions shall exist that would preclude operating in an austere environment or prevent regular work attendance.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year