Job Title: IT Security Specialist IV
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (OMAO) manages and operates NOAA's fleet of 16 research and survey ships and nine (9) aircraft to complete NOAA’s environmental and scientific missions. Comprised of civilians and officers of the NOAA Commissioned Officer Corps and US Public Health Service Commissioned Corp, OMAO also manages the NOAA Diving Program, NOAA Small Boat Program, and NOAA Aviation Safety Program. OMAO Marine Operations (MO) is responsible hydrographic survey, oceanographic research, and fisheries survey vessels. The fleet of research and survey ships are operated by Marine Operations Center-Atlantic (MOC-A) in Norfolk, VA, Marine Operations Center-Pacific (MOC-P) in Newport, OR, and Marine Operations Center-Pacific Islands (MOC-PI). NOAA’s Aircraft Operations Center (AOC), located in Lakeland, FL, is responsible for operating, managing, and maintaining OMAO’s fleet of aircraft and unmanned aircraft systems. NOAA aircraft collect environmental and geographic data that is essential enhancing our understanding of hurricanes, improving the accuracy of tropical cyclone forecasts, and supporting marine mammal population studies, shoreline change assessments, water resource and snow surveys, air chemistry studies, remote sensing projects, and emergency response.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in marine and/or aviation related industries is preferred.
- Must possess progressive experience maintaining configuration baselines for all components of information systems on ships, aircraft, and unmanned systems platforms in physical and cloud-based environments. Maintains system security controls and standards in accordance with Federal Information System Management Act (FISMA) security requirements supporting the Information System Security Owner, Information System Owner and Authorizing Official. Assists in the development and implementation of data access security safeguards and protective measures to ensure protection of computer data from internal and/or external users.
A Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
Preferred Training and Certifications:
Assessment and Authorization (A&A),
CAP, CASP, CEH, CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+, FedRAMP, ITILv3,
McAfee, Microsoft Azure Cloud, Nessus, NIST RMF, Penetration Testing, Plan of
Action and Milestones (PO&AMs), Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA), Privacy Threshold Analysis (PTA)
: Gulfport, MS personnel must:
About Our Company:
- Possesses unmanned Aircraft Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Remote Pilot Certificate and/or Unmanned Maritime System certificate or program of study
- Understand Microsoft Technologies: .NET v4+, ADO.Net, Entity Framework, Windows Azure Cloud Computing
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year