Job Title: System Administrator
Silver Spring, MD
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (OMAO) manages and operates NOAA's fleet of 16 research and survey ships and nine (9) aircraft to complete NOAA’s environmental and scientific missions. Comprised of civilians and officers of the NOAA Commissioned Officer Corps and US Public Health Service Commissioned Corp, OMAO also manages the NOAA Diving Program, NOAA Small Boat Program, and NOAA Aviation Safety Program. OMAO Marine Operations (MO) is responsible hydrographic survey, oceanographic research, and fisheries survey vessels. The fleet of research and survey ships are operated by Marine Operations Center-Atlantic (MOC-A) in Norfolk, VA, Marine Operations Center-Pacific (MOC-P) in Newport, OR, and Marine Operations Center-Pacific Islands (MOC-PI). NOAA’s Aircraft Operations Center (AOC), located in Lakeland, FL, is responsible for operating, managing, and maintaining OMAO’s fleet of aircraft and unmanned aircraft systems. NOAA aircraft collect environmental and geographic data that is essential enhancing our understanding of hurricanes, improving the accuracy of tropical cyclone forecasts, and supporting marine mammal population studies, shoreline change assessments, water resource and snow surveys, air chemistry studies, remote sensing projects, and emergency response.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in marine and/or aviation related industries is preferred.
- Must possess progressive experience maintaining and directly supporting complex IT architectures aboard fleet of ships, aircraft and unmanned systems using Linux and Windows operating systems, such as patching, system back-up, recovery and file maintenance. Schedules, installs and tests system software and hardware in limited network connectivity environments. Configures software and resolves technical problems by monitoring and maintaining license subscriptions and maintenance agreements.
A Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
Preferred Training and Certifications:
Active Directory (AD), Adobe Creative Cloud (Feature Restricted License) BeyondTrust Remote Support, CASP+, CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, Security+, Firewalls, Group Policy, IP, ITILv3, LAN, MCSA or equivalent, Microsoft Azure Cloud, Network+, SCADA Systems, SCCM, Shell Scripting, SONAR, Splunk, Virtual Desktop, VPN, VSAT, WAN, Wi-Fi Networks, Windows DNS, Windows Server.
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year