||Lead Maritime Mechanic
||Pearl City, HI
||Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
||Up to 25% CONUS/OCONUS
The Contractor shall conduct routine scheduled maintenance, interim (unscheduled) maintenance, field level maintenance, research repair parts, complete requisitions for parts and service items, record data collection (labor time & vehicle service cost) and repairs to Civil Engineering Support Equipment (CESE), Material Handling Equipment (MHE), Surface Support Craft (SSC), and Ground Support Equipment (GSE). The Contractor shall provide all management, personnel, and oversight to perform technical and mechanical support services at Government owned facilities.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Job Specific Knowledge & Requirements:
- Service and repair the craft and trailers, including light surface craft, Jet Ski’s, and various models of inboard and outboard motors.
- Service, repair, test, and inspect trailers associated with transporting boats and watercraft.
- At times the Lead Maritime Mechanics shall accompany a craft operations team during testing, evaluation and troubleshooting of mechanical, electrical, steering systems, and onboard equipment.
- At times, the Lead Maritime Mechanic shall provide on-the-job training (OJT) instruction to entry level military and civilian mechanics to ensure that maintenance and repairs are properly addressed.
- Shall have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) certified mechanic with either Evinrude, Honda, Mercury, Suzuki or Yamaha commercial, outboard engines and ancillary equipment.
- Shall have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in aluminum, and glass reinforced plastic (GRP) hull repair, the process and the procedures required to make minor and major repairs; to include advanced depot level.
- Shall have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience with troubleshooting and minor repairs of inboard marine diesel engines manufactured by Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel and Cummins as well as Hamilton and Kamewa waterjets
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year