Unit Training Coordinator
Virginia Beach, VA
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The training Coordinator will support the inter-deployment training cycle, and the en-route pipeline training requirements in support of Naval Special Warfare units.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Coordinate with NSWCENTER, other agencies, and contract vendors to build a consolidated list of available schools, their pre-requisites, and school quotas for each training course available to the unit Enterprise.
- Work with Unit Knowledge Management to build a SharePoint based schools’ portal with course approval workflow to include a student nomination level at the echelon-4 level through approvals at the echelon-3 level.
- Build a document library on the portal with details on each school to include travel order requirements, prerequisites, points of contact, location, and estimated cost.
- Work closely with N32 Division and Department Heads to schedule schools based on school quotas, availability, and needs of the force.
- De-conflict scheduled school timelines to ensure personnel are not double booked for schools.
- Notify personnel scheduled to attend courses and provide them with the dates of course, travel order requirements, and pre-requisites.
- Document and/or verify individual schools’ completion in the Navy Training and Readiness Management System (NTRMS).
- Provide to the Unit Training Officer a weekly training report of all schools in progress to include student's name, location, and anticipated graduation date.
- Identify trends or pre-training deficiencies in courses having less than a 95% graduation rate.
- Work with Navy Personnel Command (NPC) detailers to provide a list of schools, dates, and scheduling requirements for en-route training requirements.
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements:
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Be able to operate a Personal Computer (PC) with common/standard business software programs. Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Enter data into multiple databases accurately.
- Possess a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Security Clearance.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a similar capacity either in a civilian, military or government organization.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking in a high stress, time sensitive environment.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Special Reconnaissance Team background and knowledgeable of current courses of instruction is prefered
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long-Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year