Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) Program Support
Barksdale AFB, LA
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Up to 25% CONUS
The purpose of this requirement is to support bomber squadron operations at CONUS locations within AFGSC. The squadron operations support functions provide skills such as aircrew scheduling, operations training, and standardization and evaluations (stan eval) support.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Manage the Wing/Ops Group EFB Program IAW AFGSCI 11-270 and Baseline Configuration announcements.
- Serve as the Wing/Group EFB manager and liaison with AFGSC EFB Program Manager AFGSC/A3TV. Serve as Primary Wing EFB Program manager along with designated alternate EFB Program manager. Ensure EFB Manager appointment letters are accurate, up to date, and submitted to AFGSC/A3T EFB Workflow email organizational box. Ensure squadron EFB Manager appointment letters are generated, archived, and forwarded to the EFB Workflow email.
- Responsible for all maintenance, upgrades, patching, and restoration functions that cannot be handled at the squadron level. Authorized to have the administrative passcode for the mobile device management (MDM) administrator console, Foreflight admin, and designated as local administrator for all Exclusive Use Stand-Alone (EUSA) computers.
- Coordinate with Stan/Eval Technical Order Distribution Officer (TODO), squadron EFB Managers, and Stan/Eval representatives to ensure all EFB standalone computers have appropriate and up to date electronic publications and Flight Information publications (FLIP): Technical Orders, Currency of Directives, Flight Crew Information Files (FCIF), Special Interest Items and any other applicable information as determined by 2 OG Chief of Stan/Eval. Ensure flight publications are standardized and available across EFB EUSA and digital platforms to include Group SharePoint sites and Shared drives. Update EUSAs using wireless, hard drive, or CD/DVD; and send emails to inform applicable aircrew of any updates to flight publications or EFB/standalone procedures, processes, or issues.
- Serve as the EFB system administrator using BlackBerry Unified Endpoint Management Software (BBUEM), or any future designated MDM software. Ensure appropriate training certificates and requirements are completed to be able to effectively use BBUEM to configure, track, issue, reset, update, and maintain the EFB program at a Wing level. Tasks include but are not limited to adding and removing user accounts, tracking lost or stolen EFBs, and ensuring unit compliance via device audits.
- Manage Foreflight administration account to ensure access to Foreflight services. Add and delete accounts on Foreflight and educate subordinate (squadron level) EFB program managers on EFB configuration for worldwide FLIP use.
- Manage commercial internet services (WiFi) required to support EFB connectivity. Maintain primary contact between Group units and internet service provider (ISP). Relay internet connectivity problems to internet service provider (ISP) and schedule repair or service work to establish and maintain unit network connectivity. May have to escort and accompany ISP technician through base-facilities on a recurring basis.
- Work with appropriate Resource Advisor to establish sustainment cost and maintain necessary inventory of EFB equipment, including but not limited to: Exclusive Use Stand-Alone (EUSA) computers, personal battery-life extenders, touch-screen gloves, Lind charging systems, faraday bags, lithium fire-bag kits, mounting solutions, external hardware (charging cables, cords, disc drives, approved hard drives, storage cases, protective cases etc.) Report sustainment cost in annual group budget processes.
- Serve as equipment custodian for all EFB equipment within Operations Group. Maintain accountability and tracking of devices using inventory processes and software. Responsible for the decommissioning of obsolete equipment via appropriate channels to include: Information Technology Equipment Custodian (ITEC) and Defense Utilization and Marketing Office (DRMO).
- Responsible for distribution and inventory of “hardware refresh” EFB equipment. Inventory and enroll each device into AFGSC’s Device Enrollment Program (DEP) and MDM software, ensuring devices are enrolled prior to operational use. (Note: “Hardware refresh” equipment includes, but is not limited to iPads, tablets, cases, GPS/ADS-B receivers and their peripherals.)
- Identify, address, and elevate EFB requirements and concerns to leadership and the AFGSC/A3T. Monitor tech releases and iOS software updates/news to anticipate and develop a mitigation plan for obsolescence within the EFB program.
- Utilize and monitor Microsoft Teams EFB Program Manager Site for announcements and discussions within the EFB program. Use Microsoft Teams and SharePoint sites to maintain situational awareness, manage user profiles, assign training to new EFB managers, and liaise with AFGSC/A3T EFB Manager.
- Engage in future EFB capability discussions and plans as required by Operations Officer or delegate. (ie. EFB integration into operational systems, connectivity expansion, sustainment forecasting etc.)
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Active Secret clearance, or a Secret-level clearance that has expired and not been revoked.
- Possess working knowledge of iOS and MacOS.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience maintenance, updating, patching, restoring, and loading software on computers and/or personal devices.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with Microsoft Access, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Minimum of two (2) years of Microsoft suite experience and ability to manage SharePoint and Microsoft Teams applications.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with flying unit with knowledge of publications needed for use in flight.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident)
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – Fresh Benies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year