Ellsworth AFB, SD
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Up to 25% CONUS
The purpose of this requirement is to support bomber squadron operations at CONUS locations within AFGSC. The squadron operations support functions provide skills such as aircrew scheduling, operations training, and standardization and evaluations (stan eval) support.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Coordinate with training officers, Aviation Resource Management offices, Unit Deployment Manager, and Operations Officer (DO) to arrange a schedule to facilitate operations, qualification, upgrade, test, exercise, and continuation training accomplishment to meet required currency and progression standards, in accordance with DO priorities.
- Build long and short-range schedules to ensure full coverage of all aircrew, instructor, evaluator, support personnel, and supervisor positions.
- Coordinate with senior squadron, group, and/or wing leadership on a daily and weekly basis to facilitate flying operations.
- Keep track when crewmembers will be on leave, temporary duty, have scheduled medical appointments, or other scheduling commitments, and deconflict crewmember schedules and work with flight leadership to ensure crews are available to meet assigned sortie taskings.
- Track daily flight/ground/academic training requirements and accomplishments to facilitate accurate flight scheduling as directed by the DO and/or shop chiefs.
- Update data in Patriot Excalibur (PEX) (or future equivalent systems to PEX) and locally developed database systems as required.
- To the maximum extent possible, schedule aircrews based on experience to mitigate Operational Risk Management.
- Report updates to squadron, group, and wing leadership.
- Facilitate last-minute schedule changes to ensure full coverage by working with the current mission commander/operations supervisor (or equivalent) and flight responsible for the shift that is not fully manned.
- Obtain aircraft and equipment availability data from maintenance and schedule crewmembers for training, exercises, simulators, and operations, as required.
- Publish/post scheduling data for unit long/short-range ground/academic, flying, and simulator training event schedules on PEX, or other computer database systems.
- Comply with operations group and scheduling chiefs’ locally developed guidance when building the schedule.
- Determine flight, ground, and simulator schedule requirements for upgrade, initial qualification, requalification, transition, currency, and continuation training based on syllabus requirements, student progression, weather, and daily equipment/training range availability.
- Perform daily updates of scheduling data to compensate for changing conditions and training completion rates.
- Coordinate with Wing Scheduling, outside agencies, exercise participants, and higher headquarters (i.e., RED FLAG, GREEN FLAG, Weapons School support) for reporting and to facilitate exercise and special event schedule coordination.
- Provide inputs to Wing Scheduling and update daily Supervisor of Flying, Top 3, and schedules.
- Correlate sortie length and airspace requirements with syllabus requirements.
- Attend meetings, as required, including but not limited to:
- Weekly Special Use Airspace Scheduling meeting for schedule coordination and deconfliction.
- Weekly Planning/Coordinating Airspace Restrictions meeting for schedule coordination and deconfliction.
- Monthly Range Scheduling meetings for schedule coordination and deconfliction.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Active Secret clearance, or a Secret-level clearance that has expired and not been revoked.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working as a squadron aircrew scheduler.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with “Patriot Excalibur” (PEX) or similar proprietary scheduling program.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident)
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year