Operations Training and Stan Eval Support
Barksdale AFB, LA
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Up to 25% CONUS
The purpose of this requirement is to support bomber squadron operations at CONUS locations within AFGSC. The squadron operations support functions provide skills such as aircrew scheduling, operations training, and standardization and evaluations (stan eval) support.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Update data in PEX (or future equivalent systems to PEX) and locally developed database systems as required.
- Interface with Aviation Resource Management personnel to update the Aviation Resource Management Systems (ARMS) (or future equivalent systems to ARMS), as required.
- Review and update student/permanent party records, folders, and grade books per the applicable Air Force Instructions (AFI 11-202V1 and AFI 11-2MDS-V1), associated MAJCOM installation supplements, and locally developed guidance. Number of records will vary depending on unit manning/student throughput.
- Administer classes and exams as required and coordinate with scheduling to ensure crewmembers are scheduled for Crew Resource Management, Instructor Crew Resource Management, Instrument Refresher Course, and any other grounding or pre-deployment training requirements. Number of classes/exams will vary depending on unit manning/student throughput.
- Perform weekly individual gradebook checks of personnel training and ancillary training requirements.
- Prepare and periodic training/testing plans for approval and scheduling.
- Provide weekly updates to squadron or group leadership containing the flight and readiness status of personnel to facilitate tracking of duty status and performance report/decoration accomplishment.
- Coordinate with scheduling office enabling them to maximize training opportunities in accordance with unit leadership guidance. Scheduling and training will be consistent with AFIs.
- Provide daily tracking of upgrade and continuation training accomplishment for the unit operations supervisor (or equivalent); as well as weekly summaries for the DO or group supervision.
- Assist in the development of new curriculum and syllabi for aircrew and ground training.
- Monthly Aircrew Qualification Level Summary (also known as the “Letter of Xs”) and provide a copy of in-work and final documents to Wing Current Operations and Wing Stan Eval NLT the last day of each month.
- Maintain accountability and control of flight-testing materials.
- Coordinate with training officer to review and update student/permanent party records, folders, and grade books per the applicable AFIs (AFI 11-202V2 and AFI 11-2MDS-V2); as well as, associated MAJCOM/ installation supplements and locally-developed guidance.
- Notify crewmembers, scheduling, and unit leadership of upcoming and overdue testing, evaluations, and training requirements via e-mail, telephone, or in person.
- Perform testing administrator duties/functions for the unit.
- Conduct monthly reviews for those aircrews entering into the first month of evaluation eligibility period.
- Interpret AFIs and provide guidance to personnel assigned to stan eval shops to help track training and readiness status of squadron personnel.
- Standardize technical order library throughout mission planning vault computers (as applicable).
- Standardize/execute mission data cartridge and in-flight map data cartridge (MSCs) checkout procedures (if applicable).
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
- Active Secret clearance, or a Secret-level clearance that has expired and not been revoked.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with “Patriot Excalibur” (PEX) or similar proprietary scheduling program.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with Microsoft Access, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a squadron, group, and/or wing training and/or stan eval shop or three (3) years of experience working in a DoD flying squadron, group, and/or wing equivalent training and/or stan eval office.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident)
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year