Operations Planner – Exercise
People, Technology and Processes, LLC is seeking Operations professionals with extensive exercise scripting experience to support customer activities. Successful candidates will have significant expertise and experience in exercise and scenario design, analytical, planning, organizational coordination, negotiation and directing skills with demonstrable understanding of Joint SOF Operational and Strategic Operations. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility on day one of employment.
Travel – Position will require CONUS and OCONUS(?) travel
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Synchronize scenario (operational objectives, intelligence, and synthetic geography).
- Synchronize scenario to integrate multiple and disparate units and organization.
- Plan and coordinate battle functions and effects to support operations.
- Complete script writing services.
- Will maintain detailed awareness of the most recent doctrine and terminology released by the Joint Staff, the Department of the Navy, SOCOM, and NSW.
- Will maintain awareness of, and a contact database for, ranges, bases, locations, and adjacent units in areas of exercise execution. Is expected to develop contacts pertinent to expanding areas of effort as directed by the Exercises OIC.
- Will provide doctrinal and historic context to the N37 cell during the development, coordination, and execution of mission for NSW commands and outside entities. When directed, will independently develop, and coordinate specific missions.
- Assist with forecasting execution hurdles, coordinating with ranges, and professionalizing the training products.
- Produce realistic and relevant Operational products (DEPORDS, TASKORDS, WARNORDS, OPORDS, FRAGORDS, etc.) and Operational Injects (with branch and sequel developments).
- U.S. Citizenship and valid U.S. Passport
- Current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalence of 15 years in Joint Special Operations or equivalent.
- Solid working knowledge of SOF skill sets and their applicability to NSW.
- Experience in exercise design, development, planning and logistical support.
- Experience with training Course of Instruction development, planning and execution.
- Proficient with Exercise Control Group (ECG) management tools such as SharePoint, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Excel.