Job Title: Transportation Department HazMat/HazWaste Coordinator
Job Location: Coronado, CA
Salary: $25.64/hr plus up to $4.23/hr.
Travel: Not Anticipated
Purpose: The objective of this requirement is to obtain contracted logistics support services to supplement the NSWG-1 LOGSU-1 workforces and help it achieve continued effective operations and sustain adequate logistics support to NSWG1
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Transportation Department’s HazMat/HazWaste Coordinator reports to Transportation’s Division Officer and completes tasks control, storage, disposal, and inventory management or hazardous waste and materials.
- Responsible for being familiar, and ensuring compliance, with the “cradle to grave” provisions as a “generator of hazardous waste”. Within the scope of responsibility are the proper ordering, disposal, storage, labeling, and assistance in the management of the Transportation Department Hazardous Material/Hazardous Waste program as specified by applicable Federal, State, and local Hazardous Waste/Hazardous Material regulations.
- Facilitates all regulatory inspections conducted by Navy, state, and federal regulators such as Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the like. Works with base and regional environmental representatives to correct all deficiencies cited in the compliance inspections. Communicate and coordinate with NSWG-1 Environmental and Base Environmental for routine assessments and policy guidance.
- Ensure all hazardous waste and or recyclable materials are properly identified, labeled, contained, segregated by hazard class, and turned-in for compliant hazardous waste disposal prior to the 90-day storage limit or other applicable waste storage limits (whichever is stricter).
- Place and review orders in SWIFT (Bizflow) to maintain sufficient on hand quantities to support vehicle maintenance. Will be responsible for having a working knowledge of and maintaining Transportations Authorized Users List (AUL) of 200 different hazardous materials that are authorized to be used as well as maintaining a readily available library of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for proper handling and storage of hazardous materials currently authorized for use.
- Ensure compliance for the maintenance of records for the Hazardous Material/Hazardous Waste Program to include: letters of designation, personnel environmental training documentation, hazardous waste turn-in documents, storage area/tank inspection records, business plans, waste profile sheets, lab analysis, and copies of manifests or bill of lading. This documentation shall be maintained at the generator location within the command for three years.
- Work with and request HAZMAT from HAZMINCEN. Have a working knowledge of SOP’s, policies and practices for requesting and ordering of HAZMAT.
- Conduct Weekly inspections on the Civil Engineering Support Equipment (CESE) Maintenance facility onboard Naval Amphibious Base Coronado (NAB) and Tactical Ground Mobility Maintenance facility onboard Naval Outlying Field Imperial Beach (OLF) accumulation areas. Ensure sufficient spill control equipment is available to absorb or contain the amounts and types of Hazardous Material/Hazardous Waste being stored and regularly verify functioning of communication or alarm system to notify emergency personnel in case of injury, spills, or releases.
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements:
- Must possess and maintain a valid state motor vehicle license. Incumbent must be able to operate a vehicle up to 5 tons, a 4,000 and 6,000 pound warehouse forklift, and a 10,000 pound rough terrain forklift.
- Must be Navy Hazardous Waste Facility Operators Course (A-493-0076) certified or an industry equivalent 40-hour resident course.
- Must possess Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) certification in accordance with 40 CFR 262. Hazardous Waste Management, Environmental Compliance and Enforcement, Environmental Management Systems Awareness, and Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures. Contractor will be responsible for any additional training requirements and recertification as required.
- Must possess 24 Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPR) Course certification or any other course meeting regulatory training requirements of OSHA 1910.20 governing site workers who are periodically engaged in hazardous waste activities.
- Must possess an active SECRET security clearance.
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
401(k) with matching
Holidays and Annual Leave
10 Paid Holidays
120 hours PTO accrual per year