Job Title: Transportation Equipment Yard Boss
Job Location: Coronado, CA
Salary: $17.31/hr. plus up to $4.23/hr.
Travel: Not Anticipated
Purpose: The objective of this requirement is to obtain contracted logistics support services to supplement the NSWG-1 LOGSU-1 workforces and help it achieve continued effective operations and sustain adequate logistics support to NSWG1
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
The Transportation Equipment Yard Boss reports to Transportation Division’s Leading Chief Petty Officer (LCPO) and assists Transportation Division’s LCPO and LPO with day-to-day operations of the equipment/vehicle yard as listed below.
- Ensure the proper check-out/in of Government vehicles, parking arrangements, and overall customer service to support NSW commands.
- Set up and secure wash rack area daily.
- Inspect vehicles for turn in/re-trip. Complete a 360-degree walk around thoroughly checking the exterior, interior, and under the vehicle. Check all compartments including under and in-between seats.
- Maintain vehicles and yards and conduct daily rounds of yards. Ensure vehicles are in the designated parking areas. Check for trash inside and around vehicles, secure windows and doors, and ensure vehicle tires are not flat. Cycle and clean vehicles that have not been operated during the week.
- Clean out the wash rack collection pit and fuel water separator once every two months. Order wash rack supplies and cleaning gear.
- Facilitate collateral equipment check-in/out. Organize collateral container and cage daily. Inventory all collateral monthly, including toolbox.
- Inspect vehicles from the garage (maintenance shop) for cleanliness and fuel level.
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements:
- Must possess a Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must maintain a forklift license.
- Must possess an active SECRET security clearance.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
401(k) with matching
Holidays and Annual Leave
10 Paid Holidays
120 hours PTO accrual per year