Principle Acquisition Specialist
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Up to 10%
The purpose of this task is to provide acquisition and program management support to the Program Management Office – Expeditionary Support (PM-ES) and its associated programs of record.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Job Specific Knowledge and Experience-
- Support ‘cradle to grave’ programmatic decisions.
- Provide cross-functional support for Loan Planning and Processing activities.
- Provide support to ensure positive configuration management, control, and traceability between databases and loan/inventory reports.
- Coordinate with JOS Loan and Equipment SMEs and support to ensure mission success.
- Assist with monitoring loan and equipment statuses, generate reports, and communicate with stakeholders as necessary.
- Provide independent expert advisor services to PM-ES to include but not limited to policy formation support, decision support, analysis, assessments of technical issues, and generation and review of acquisition strategies.
- Evaluate and plan for the necessary modifications, upgrades, and/or sustainment actions required to allow PM-ES to perform its assigned missions in the face of complex and evolving threat environments.
- Draft necessary program documentation (white papers, briefing, products, etc.) to respond to inquiries from USSOCOM, Air Staff, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), and Congress.
- Provide acquisition management support to review, analyze, and write a multitude or program related materials that include but are not limited to acquisition documents, position and concept papers, program management documents, material management documents, engineering products, training documents, organizational charts, operating procedures, automated information products, regulations, guidelines, standards, directives, and/or memorandums of agreement / understanding.
- Monitor the execution and progress of individual task order projects in contracts. Document and information PM-ES staff of variations in cost, schedule, or technical content from that approved by the PM, APM, and/or the Primary Contracting Officer (PCO), and when appropriate, provide written reconditions on alternative courses of action to resolve issues.
- Develop and maintain systems for tracking program, project, and/or acquisition activity progress to assist the PM, APM in meeting Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) responsibilities.
- Document and propose to the PM, APM, and/or PCO potential future projects that assist in addressing the users’ concerns and/or fielding operational capabilities
- Develop and coordinate with the USSOCOM J-Codes and Directorates, Components, TSOCs, PEOs, PM’s and/or any other key stakeholders on draft acquisition documentation for current and future tasks.
- Facilitate the completion of contracting activities as necessary to assist the PM, APM, and/or PCO in rapidly implementing selected tasks (e.g. funding transfers, cost tracking, documentation of technical evaluations, evaluation of contract data deliverables, program and contract security requirements, etc.).
- Provide management support to conduct assessments of technological trends and developments to identify opportunities for the achievement of enhanced operational and training capability through exploration of new technologies.
- Maintain current insight into, and assist with the development of initiatives, efforts, and programs in support of PM-ES.
- Support the development and maintenance of training programs.
- Compile a listing of learning opportunities, symposiums, seminars, books, courses, etc., relevant to PM-ES program and USSOCOM operational capability gaps relevant to PM-ES to support acquisition and training initiatives.
- Provide support to the PM-ES involvement in the Requirements Generation & Validation Process through technical assistance, analysis and review of requirements definition, requirements documentation, requirements validation, and requirements, approval, and assisting in the preparation and staffing of Analysis of Alternatives (AOAs), Initial Capabilities Documents (ICDs), Capability Development Documents (CDDs), Capability Production Documents (CPDs), and other classified acquisition pathways.
- Support other acquisition activities as assigned, consistent with regulatory and/or statutory guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University
- 4 years relevant experience as DoD Project Officer, Project Manager, and/or Program Manager
- DAWIA Level II Program Management Certification, or civilian equivalent (i.e. PMI/PMP)
- Expert knowledge of DoD Instruction 5000.02
- Working knowledge of DoD Financial Manager Regulations
- Working knowledge of DoD Planning, Programming, Budget, and Execution (PPBE) process
- Working knowledge of USSOCOM Acquisition Regulations (i.e. USSOCOM 70-1)
- Working knowledge of USSOCOM SIPR - TMT System
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a program team member and independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical, creative, and analytical skills
- Thorough familiarity with MS Office Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Scheduler, and Excel
- Active ‘SECRET’ Security Clearance
- Function at a level of performance similar to NH-III, GS-12/13 or equivalent
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year