Job Title: Financial Technician
Job Location: Lexington KY
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Travel: Not Anticipated
Purpose: Primary effort is support to PEO SOFSA Financial Management Division’s (FMD) transition from Standard Operation and Maintenance Army Research and Development System (Accounting) (SOMARDS) to General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS).
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Work in support of government financial management analyst on PEO SOFSA financial requirements and administered contracts with active and expiring/expired funds; these efforts are to include reconciliation of associated financial transactions and coordination with PEO SOFSA contracting staff, Defense Contract Management Agency and Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) to facilitate the transition from SOMARDS to GFEBs and contract closeouts.
- Assist in the contract closeout with respect to SOMARDS, reconciliation systems, Mechanization of Contract Administration Services (MOCAS), and other financial requirements as required.
- Assist in researching and clearing Negative Unliquidated Obligations and Unliquidated Obligations (NULO/ULO) for the purpose of transitioning open ULOs from SOMARDS to GFEBS including close-out of expiring/expired funds.
- Provide as required, the status regarding reconciliation actions by appropriation and fiscal year. Have good working knowledge on preparation and review for acceptance of Funding Authorization Documents (FADs), Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs), AF Form 9s, Fund Cite Authorizations, and other Department of Defense funds authorization documentation. Provide metrics on the number of documents completed, outstanding reconciliation actions, and current status, including courses of action.
- Provide metrics on the Tri-Annual Review and Contract Closeout processes.
- As part of the transition from SOMARDs to GFEBS, assist government Financial Management Analyst perform operational program budget execution duties using systems such as GFEBs, SOMARDS, PBAS, EFD, or other local systems as required.
- Update PEO SOFSA internal obligation tracking systems daily to ensure program financial status is current. Perform actions associated with setting up new codes in SOMARDS/GFEBs.
- Support local periodic status of funds report(s) and assist with sustaining/modifying program level resource management plans.
- Provide financial information, including detailed backup documentation, to the Financial Management Division Chief, financial management analysts and contracting staff as requested.
- Gather and provide data to respond to monthly and quarterly reporting requirements as defined in local guidance.
- Develop spreadsheets, all forms of electronic graphic media to include interactive presentations, quad charts, and other documentation as required. Assist government financial analyst in research, reconciliation, response and all associated correspondence regarding closeout transactions.
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience as Financial Technician
- Working knowledge of Funding Authorization Documents (FADs)
- Working knowledge of Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs)
- Working knowledge of Air Force Form 9s, Fund Cite Authorizations, and other Department of Defense funds authorization documentation
- Working knowledge of DoD Financial Manager Regulations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough familiarity with MS Office Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Secret Security Clearance
- Function at a level of performance similar to GS-9 or equivalent
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
401(k) with matching