Job Title: Staff Action Officer
Job Location: Lexington KY
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Travel: Not Anticipated
Purpose: The Support Contractor will work as Staff Action Officer and report to the Program Executive Officer (PEO) and Deputy PEO of PEO Special Operations Forces Support Activity (SOFSA), and PEO SOFSA Division Chiefs as required. The Support Contractor will be assigned taskings that should be executed without day-to-day direction by the Government. Exercises critical judgement in developing approaches to problem solving, performs substantial analysis of difficult and unique problems, evaluates alternatives, and selects the optimum course of action. All documentation produced by will be professionally prepared for PEO SOFSA signature. All work shall be at a quality level such that minimal or no re-work is necessary.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Administrative Support. The Support Contractor shall provide administrative support and guidance to the entire PEO SOFSA Government staff on all administrative matters. Provides managerial, clerical, and administrative support required for planning and tracking of Government actions. Support the PEO front office with the generation of civilian, military or contractor awards packages, office record maintenance, professionally managing all necessary communications, key distribution control, maintain status of government vehicles from an availability perspective and perform other administrative duties as required. Monitors and ensures the execution and coordination of personnel actions are completed in a timely manner for the Government Staff to conduct interviews and hire civilian personnel. Works closely with SOF AT&L to understand and advise the PEO on SOCOM policies as they apply to personnel actions, timekeeper management and other administrative functions of managing a staff of approximately 50 civilian personnel. Assists PEO SOFSA Division Chiefs with the establishment of internal records management control. Plans, develops, and directs administrative management activities and services, to include distributions, publications correspondence, document reproduction, classified document control, records and files management, and application of administrative techniques such as word processing, briefing presentations, and spreadsheet construction. As required, works with the PEO SOFSA staff in order to design/collect graphics designs for use by the PEO Staff. The Support Contractor shall support scheduling meetings/VTCs, phone service/messaging, dissemination of information throughout the SOFSA Divisions, and file management. The Support Contractor shall perform duties as the alternate Defense Travel System (DTS) manager for the PEO and Deputy PEO. Contractor shall add content to the PEO portal and dashboard and ensure compliance with PEO, SOF AT&L and SOCOM policy. Ensure the organizational level online content is current, accurate and data flows sufficiently to and from both internal and external users. Assist with in-processing and out-processing of Civilians for DTS, ATAAPS, property, badges, travel cards, parking permits, network accounts, and schedule SOCOM New Comer’s Briefing. Manage Task Management Tool (TMT) to include TMT downloads, packet preparation, monitor routing, track suspense dates and close out TMTs.
- Protocol Support. The Support Contractor shall perform protocol support for distinguished visitors (DV). This support will include but not limited to directly handling of all aspects of visits, conferences, tours, and functions initiated within the PEO, and those tasked by SOF AT&L. Prepares and executes an effective and comprehensive Distinguished Visitors (DV) program; responsible for creating schedules of events, including briefing arrangements, gathering biographies and guest information, preparing agendas, drafting read-a-head packages, and setting up locations, luncheons, installation tours, accommodations, transportation and any other details. Conduct Tour Coordination/Visitor Logistics to include maintenance of visitor badges, itinerary management and liaison for access to Blue Grass Station (BGS). Meet and escort visitors and dignitaries (as required) upon their arrival and accompanying them through various phases of their visits. Maintains an historical DV database.
- Training Scheduling, Training Status, Training Monitoring, and Reporting and other scheduling actions as assigned. As required, coordinates with SOF AT&L for all required training for PEO Government personnel. This training includes Drug & Alcohol training, Sexual Harassment training, Acquisition Ethic training, Acquisition Demonstration (ACQ DEMO) training, Defense Travel System training and other administrative training requirements. Contractor maintains records to reflect current status of continuous learning points (CLPs) for all personnel. Contractor maintains status on certifications required for those personnel whose career field requires certain training requirements to maintain the appropriate level required by their job. Contractor shall maintain an up to date list of all civilian personnel for various uses but as a critical item of information for the random drug testing program. This list will be provided to SOF AT&L and Blue Grass Army Depot (BGAD) periodically to reflect the latest status to ensure accuracy and maintain chain of custody for the reporting portion of drug testing. Any updates to Drug Testing MOA will be update and coordinated by the contractor for the PEO.
- Advice and Consultation. Provides support to Government officials by providing advice, assistance, and consultation in response to management requests in a variety of management areas. As required, assists with the development of plans, schedules and objectives for the resolution of management problems and will formulate implementing instructions. Provides guidance and instruction on internal office management on a variety of projects, presentations, and action correspondence. Prepares/edits briefings, handbooks, reports, slides, forms, correspondence, etc. for the PEO/DPEO using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint). Works with Divisions to resolve administrative operating problems, coordinate actions, and clarify issues. Responsible for planning, drafting policy and procedures, providing managerial advice, and coordinating with higher echelons on program management studies and facilities. When requested, analyzes programs, policies and procedures to identify deficiencies and provide recommended corrective actions. Conducts research for developing material for staff use in preparing oral presentations or written material. Locates, annotates, abstracts, and highlights material from various sources. Analyzes information and data, and assesses progress of programs, projects and processes. Prepares reports summarizing the analysis of findings based on assimilating the results of information gathered from various programs, organizations and other sources.
- Security. Contractor shall handle sensitive and classified information IAW security policies/procedures.
- Miscellaneous. Contractor shall routinely use Government provided technology in day-to-day operations to conduct and coordinate routine activities such as: compose and prepare correspondence, develop reports and prepare briefing packages, manage organizational and staff calendars and adjudicate conflicts, manage front office activities, receive incoming calls and visitors, maintain log of controlled actions, review and edit correspondence, manage official files and records, and coordinate meetings. Contractor shall utilize Microsoft Office Suite, Defense Travel System(DTS), Microsoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Automated Time Attendance and Production System (ATAAPS) and perform routine functions in Microsoft SharePoint such as adding, deleting, retrieving and modifying work products.
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University
- Expert skills with Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Capable of performing all administrative functions independently
- Working knowledge of the SOFSA mission, applicable HW USSOCOM policies and procedures, and ability to singularly ensure the SOFSA Front Office operation is fully compliant with HQ USSOCOM regulations
- Function at a level of performance similar to GS-12 equivalent
- Minimum 6 years’ experience working in a Staff Officer capacity
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
401(k) with matching
Holidays and Annual Leave
10 Paid Holidays
120 hours PTO accrual per year