Mission Operations Lead
Washington, DC Metro Area
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
TS with SCI Eligibility
The Mission Operations Lead is a Senior level contractor lead for a DHS CISA organization and manages 3 other contractor personnel. The supported customer provides daily operations services that ensure that government employees have access to centralized customer services, resources and advocates for many day-to-day workforce needs; training requests and approvals are processed accurately and adhere to DHS/CISA guidelines and policies; required and offered training is properly communicated and tracked; and ISD supervisors and employee have the guidance and resources needed to ensure they meet performance management requirements. They also manage key program and supports others—such as awards and recognition programs, and other priority programs, as directed by government leads. Finally, acts as a critical liaison and support between the CISA Human Capital Service Team and subdivisions to ensure employment- and benefits-related actions or processes are coordinated, tracked, and fulfilled.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Apply project management principles, practices, and expertise to priority areas, where applicable
- Develop and manage operations branch structure utilizing applicable Microsoft Office 365 tools such as Microsoft Project and Power BI and/or Tableau
- Support program administration, process management, and event-support needs in high visibility areas, such as customer service, student employment, recruiting events and toward special initiatives
2. Business Improvement
- Implement organizational improvement efforts and related activities
- Expand and evolve data collection and reporting methods to better meet current and future customer service and organizational objectives. In collaboration with the Performance Management Team, Develop, update and maintain a metrics for accomplishing the implementation support to include, task management, strategy and methodology, activities, schedule, milestones, metrics, interdependencies and costs utilizing Microsoft Project and/or Tableau
- Develop and update policies, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), and guidance memorandums, outlining all actions plans for executing operational support.
- Develop other tools and resources (e.g., databases, organizational charts, forms, flow charts) to assist in the tracking and reporting of workforce processing activities.
- Identify gaps, challenges, or inefficiencies in services or processes and conduct appropriate analyses and research to inform recommended improvements.
- Analyze, document, and re-engineer processes and tools, as needed, and in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders
- g. Design briefing stakeholders on the technical aspects of all organizational improvement efforts and related activities
- Develop and maintain organizational structure to include all SPR functions and standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring implementation support activities are fully coordinated with CISA headquarters activities
- Coordinate regular implementation meetings across organizations.
- Develop targeted communication and/or education materials around specific areas of organizational transformational improvement efforts and related activities
- Gather and document lessons learned from organizational improvement efforts and related activities
- Design briefings, surveys, and questionnaires regarding reorganization and related activities
- Develop interview techniques, surveys, and Frequently Asked Questions in support of all stakeholders regarding organizational improvement efforts, strategy and policy updates, and related activities
- Draft, shape, or refine plans and outreach products prioritized by the Director
- Develop and analyze and create interview, survey, and questionnaire results to establish data driven analysis in support
4. Human Capital / Workforce Services
- Develop, manage, update organizational chart and diagram
- Conduct human capital or workforce-related research projects, as directed
- Evaluate and enhance SharePoint sites to provide current and relevant information or new functionality to support both internal needs and the needs of the workforce
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements:
- Design workforce projections that include functions and sources by location
- Coordinate aligned human resources position functions including budget planning
- Design and draft reports, job aids, or instruction sheets, surveys, or other tools, based on information gathered or solicited from appropriate federal personnel
The Lead must have at least ten (10) years / senior level experience which includes
- Experience coaching and working in a team in the selection and application of appropriate problem-solving methods and techniques; providing advice on work methods, practices and procedures; and assisting a team and/or individual members in identifying the parameters of a solution.
- Experience identifying, distributing, and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established workflows and skill levels.
- Experience training or arranging for training of team members in methods and techniques of team building and working in teams to accomplish tasks.
- Experience monitoring and reporting on the status and progress of work, checking on work in progress and reviewing completed work to ensure that the supervisor's instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines, and quality of work have been met.
- Experience working within DHS required
- Experience working with DHS, CISA desired
- Current DHS security credentials highly desired and preferred.
- Experience providing Front Office Staff Action Support for a major staff or agency required.
- Knowledge and understanding of IT, KM, and Cyber Security required
- Experience with and understanding of strategic planning, policy development, training development and exercises, assessments, and high level staff action officer support and analysis is required.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
401(k) with matching
Holidays and Annual Leave
10 Paid Holidays
120 hours PTO accrual per year