Training Design and Development Lead
Washington, DC Metro Area
Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
TS with SCI Eligibility
The Training and Development Lead leads a Team of contractors supporting Training Design and Development in Support of a DHS CISA Client performing the requirements below.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Provide instructional support for the Program Training Branch (PTB) mission to train regional personnel on the discipline-specific services capabilities of ISD, estimated at eight courses plus complementary three web-based training and webinars, course prerequisites with design/development work for multiple courses as prioritized by IAA for (1) new (2) updating existing courses, including:
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements:
- Assist PTB personnel with project formulation, development, and management.
- Develop, analyze and draft documents for PTB training and instruction projects
- Provide input to the contract Program Manager for draft, review, edit, and update Project Plans, including Scoping, Timeline and Milestones, and Record of Change.
- Assess need and demand signal for instruction; course presentation materials, student guide, instructor guide, lessons plans, plan of instruction, and resources and aids (“instructional materials and resources”), in the format requested by IAA/PTB, including but not limited to, suitable for accreditation, including by International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET); text/print and multimedia formats; e-learning materials and resources; and 508c compliance
- Prepare, recommend, and coordinate review of best practices for presentation of instruction
- Prepare and coordinate review of topics for instructional materials and resources
- Draft, produce, review, edit, update with feedback, and finalize instructional materials and resources so they are suitable for accreditation, including by IACET; are 508c compliant; are readable and understandable by learners of varying educational, experiential, and learning styles; and are in formats readily available to the general public and usable by DHS personnel and the general public.
- Assist with and/or conduct pilot instruction to fine-tune and finalize instructional materials and resources
- Assist with and/or conduct evaluation and assessment of instruction
- Support post-assessment out-briefs and implementation/follow-on activities (e.g., feedback for refinement and/or future design and development of instructional materials and resources)
- Plan the logistics of the periodic meetings (weekly or bi-weekly as specified by IAA/PTB) to include coordinating priorities and reviewing course content
- Understand and provide information on recent academic and industry developments regarding critical infrastructure security and resilience
- Review and provide input on policies and procedures used to direct training and instruction activity, such as SOPs, as requested by IAA/PTB.
- Develop and maintain program briefings, correspondence, and other materials, as requested by IAA/PTB.
- Develop and maintain materials for reporting program status to ISD and CISA leadership, as requested by PTB.
- Complete training required of federal contractors by DHS/CISA/ISD/IAA.
- The training and development lead must have at least six (6) years of experience of providing input to the contract Program Manager for draft, review, edit, and update Project Plans, including Scoping, Timeline and Milestones, and Record of Change.
- The training and development lead should have experience the need and demand signal for instruction; course presentation materials, student guide, instructor guide, lessons plans, plan of instruction, and resources and aids (“instructional materials and resources”), formatted for adult learning, including but not limited to, suitable for accreditation, including by International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET); text/print and multi-media formats; e-learning materials and resources; and 508c compliance.
- Experience working within DHS required
- Experience working with DHS, CISA desired
- Current DHS security credentials highly desired and preferred.
- Understanding of and Experience with various DHS software applications as addressed above is highly desired
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
401(k) with matching