Job Title: Ordnance Inventory Specialist
Job Location: Guam
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
: The mission of Naval Special Warfare Group One (NSWG-1) is to Man, Train, Equip, Develop, Deploy, and Sustain Naval Special Warfare Forces to support Combatant Commanders and US national interests..
(include but not limited to):
- Assist in the direction and coordination of all activities concerned with the handling, storing, and ground or air shipment of ammunition, rockets, mines, and other explosive components at NSW Detachment Bahrain and their remote operating locations.
- Review, process, and analyze ordnance related-policies, procedures, regulatory requirements, and evaluates their impact on current operations.
- Process required documents for ammunition issue and receipts as required to maintain 100% accountability
- Prepare schedules for transportation, storage, issuing, and receiving ammunition; at specifying magazine or bunker number for storing each type of ammunition quantity to store in bunker or magazine, and numerical order of bunkers or magazines from which to issue or receive requisitioned ammunition.
- Process all phases of transportation for hazardous materials by all modes (i.e. land, vessel, and commercial/military air). International regulations covered include the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code and the International Commercial Air Transport Associations Dangerous Goods Regulations. United States regulations covered include the Department of Transportation (DOT) 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and U.S. military regulations.
- Advise and assist Detachment Guam Weapons department personnel in all matters concerning ordnance, accountability, safety, controls, forecasting, and movement.
- Participate in and respond to audits and inspections related to ordnance accounting, ordnance qualification/certification program, and ammunition supply administration.
- Ensure all hazardous waste and or recyclable materials are properly identified, labeled, contained, segregated by hazard class, and turned-in for compliant hazardous waste disposal prior to the 90-day storage limit or other applicable waste storage limits.
- As required, acquire a sponsorship letter from the contracting agency referencing contract and Visa for temporary visits to mission essential sites.
- Thorough understanding of Naval Administration Reclassification of Notices (NARS) current processing and notification procedures; Ammunition Transaction Reporting (ATR) system; and NAVSUP-P 724, OP5, and DPAS programs, or equivalent authorized Government property management systems.
- Establish and maintain Joint Munitions Command Price and Availability account in support of submission and requisitioning of Joint Combined Exchange Training (JCET) training munitions.
- Read previous investigations concerning ordnance discrepancies. Implement recommended corrective actions and report same to Weapons Officer and Executive Officer.
- Assist in the review and coordination of ammunition allowance change requests and Non-Combat expenditure allowance (NCEA) augmentation requests; provides recommendations to managers. Overseas ordnance accounting data via the use of the ordnance information system (OIS) database ensuring 100% accountability of all ammunitions assigned to NSW Detachment Bahrain; Provides metrics for expenditures; maintains all files concerning ordnance management IAW OPNAV and NAVSUP requirements
About Our Company:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen who possesses a current and valid U.S. passport, and maintain a valid U.S. passport for the entire period of performance of the contract.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of direct experience of knowledge, and processes associated with the Navy Ordnance Information System (OIS).
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of direct AA&E experience.
- On a case-by-case basis, candidates for employment not possessing the specified years of experience may be considered if the hiring agency determines the applicant is qualified and approved by the COR.
- Secret level clearance
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year