Job Title: Environments Support Branch Lead
Job Location: Ft. Gordon, GA
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
Travel: Not Anticipated
Purpose: To provide Experimentation Support for the Cyber Battle Lab (CBL), Cyber Capabilities Development Integration Directorate (CCDID), Future Concepts Center (FCC), Army Futures Command (AFC), Fort Gordon, Georgia.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Possess all skills and training required above in the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues; Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure; Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions; Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Serve as the Branch Lead point of contact for this effort; providing support to ensure all deliverables described in the PWS are delivered on time (at the Branch Level).
- Supervisory support, support in coordinating work schedules, resolve minor concerns/issues and support the PM in the completion of administrative tasks associated with this PWS (at the Branch Level)
- Provide support to PM/APM in the analysis of project requirements and accurate cost estimates; provide project coordination and process improvements thru the Quality Control Plan; gather and provide required information to assist with coordination support efforts.
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements: This is a dual-hatted position where the person will also serve primarily as the System Administrator Environments Support Branch.
- Security Clearance: obtain and maintain TS with SCI eligibility.
- IAWF / CSWF: DoD 8570.01 / DoD 8140 IAT Level II.
- Certification & Training, Baseline, day 1: IAT Level II or III, IAW DoDM 8570 standards maintained at https://cyber.mil
- Certification & Training, CE, day 1: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server, CompTIA Server+, or equivalent;
- Certification & Training, CE, within 6 months: (1) either VMWare certification VCPS-DCV; or Udemy training certification VMware ESX and VSphere Admin Tutorial; or ITU training certification VMware vSphere VCP 5.5; (2) HBSS 201 training; (3) HBSS 301 training, and (4) ACAS training;
- Experience: minimum of five (5) years’ experience or equivalent administrating networks and systems, worked directly in the career field during five (5) of the preceding eight (8) years. Must have a minimum of five years’ experience or equivalent in the following areas: IP Networks, Subnetting, Network Security, Voice over IP, Military Tactical Radios
- Proficiencies: possess advanced IT administrator skills in remote administration, remote desktop, Group Policy Object (GPO) management, system backup and recovery, and monitor servers for performance evaluation and optimization; possess advanced skills in datacenter management, Cloud Services, virtualization, storage area networks (SANs), data/system backups, and asset management; expert remote troubleshooting and customer service skills; skill in managing & operating vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. ACAS) and host-based security tools (e.g. HBSS).
- Be computer literate with emphasis on proficiency with MS Office products (i.e.; MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access).
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDING OF A GOVERNMENT CONTRACT*****
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
401(k) with matching
Holidays and Annual Leave
10 Paid Holidays
120 hours PTO accrual per year