Job Title: Junior SharePoint Developer
Job Location: Tampa, FL.
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
The Junior SharePoint Developer is directly involved in the day-to-day operations of the development team and requires the utilization of multiple scripting languages to extend and surpass the limitations of out-of-the-box SharePoint capabilities. The position requires widespread knowledge and experience in analysis, design, hands-on development, and delivery of web-based applications utilizing Microsoft SharePoint; direct contribution to the development of customer requirements, data architecture, software design, and ultimately, create solutions of varying complexity, following a methodical, agile process. The position supports the planning effort and migration from current SharePoint versions to future iterations of SharePoint as industry standards dictate (On-premises and Cloud / SharePoint 2016, 2019, Online / Office 365). The position also provides customer support for issues and problems with existing solutions as a technical extension of the service desk. Documentation of the functionality and the ability to be responsive to the changing requirements as directed by evolving program demands are integral to a successful support effort.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Gather, identify, and clarify business and functional requirements for clients and internal teams, using interviews and workshops with external/internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders and product teams to decompose large epic stories into features and user stories that can be understood and approved by members of the development team
- Work with the team throughout the product development, testing, implementation phases to ensure requirements are clearly understood
- Provide support to the Product Owner with backlog prioritization, feature sequencing and organization, user acceptance testing, etc.
- Build trust and respect, establish relationships, and develop rapport with technical and non-technical team members
- Oversee Document Management
- Configure SharePoint Views
- Configure Content Types
- Manage Metadata and Taxonomies
- Configure SharePoint Search
- Provide Security configuration and permissions management
- Provide SharePoint security administration
- Degree in computer science, computer information systems or a related IT Degree
- Advanced knowledge of integration of SharePoint 2013+ with other Office products.
- Advanced knowledge of customizable features of SharePoint 2013+ (i.e., Excel Services, BCS, Enterprise Search, Usage Reporting, etc.)
- Advanced experience in Master Page/Site Pages customizations, web part development, and SharePoint workflow configuration through SharePoint Designer 2013; ideal candidates should have experience converting 2010 and 2013+ workflows into PowerApp workflows.
- Be able to understand the nuances of migrating from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016 and O365; be able to speak to the configuration and setting for SharePoint WebParts, especially in the areas of List Filters, WebPart Filters, and Search and Data Connections.
- Experience with calculated fields and Content Query WebParts.
- Advanced debugging skills to debug system-wide technical problems.
- Proficient with Agile/Scrum methodology, defining detailed functional and technical requirements
- High level of familiarity in both oral and written communication skills, as it relates to the government
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as working collaboratively with a team
- Working knowledge of Office 365 / SharePoint Online, specifically PowerApps and Microsoft Flow.
- Working knowledge of C#, SharePoint Object Model, SharePoint App Model, and SharePoint Framework
- SharePoint certification (2013 or SPO)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Web Applications
- Microsoft Certified Power Platform App Maker Associate
- Certified Scrum Master
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
401(k) with matching
Holidays and Annual Leave
10 Paid Holidays
120 hours PTO accrual per year