Job Title: Weight Handling Equipment Support
Job Location: Little Creek, VA
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Travel: CONUS and potential OCONUS
The purpose of this contract is to provide subject matter expertise through program management, engineering, technical, logistics and knowledge-based services in support of Dry Combat Submersible (DCS) units, Dry Deck Shelters (DDS), Seal Delivery Vehicles (SDV), Shallow Water Combat Submersible (SWCS) and other support equipment to ensure assets are mission ready.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Requirements and Education:
- Coordinate with the PWD Crane Program Support to ensure schedules for inspection load testing and certification of all WHE meet the requirements of NAVFAC P307.
- Ensure the required monthly crane inspections for all Category 3 non-cab bridge cranes are performed and records are maintained IAW P-307.Ensure all crane operators conduct daily operator checks as directed by NAVFAC P-307 prior to use. Upon completion ensure Operators Daily Checklist (ODCL) are maintained IAW P-307.
- Conduct periodic audits of the ODCL by visually observing daily crane checks and equipment performance on a random basis, documenting results, and forwarding reports to the Command Crane Officer.
- Assist in maintaining and tracking all training, qualification, requalification, proficiency, and physical exam records in accordance with NAVFAC P-307. Ensure all personnel who operate WHE are properly trained and qualified in accordance with this instruction and NAVFAC P-307 and maintain a Qualified Watch Standers List (QWL) approved by the Command Crane Officer.
- When necessary, initiate lock-out/tag-out procedures and affix red tags in a conspicuous place on all uncertified equipment.
- Assist with and track all audits and surveillances.
- Maintain a list of all rigging gear under purview of this instruction. Ensure all rigging gear is certified and properly marked and routinely inspected as required by NAVFAC P-307.
- Ensure that all cranes used are operational, safe and load tested according to NAVFAC P-307.
- Train personnel on all weight handling equipment to include operating cranes.
- Assist in issuing the proper rigging support gear to support mission requirements.
- Draft and review lift drawings and procedures.
- Operate all lifting and handling equipment in support of mission requirements.
About the company:
- HS Diploma or GED plus four (4) years related experience or BA/BS and one (1) year related experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of Dry Combat Submersible weight handling experience.
- Minimum four (4) years technical experience, supply chain administration, and use of MS Office suite products.
- Secret level Clearance.
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations."
- Set the Example - "Be out front."
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Holidays and Annual Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Cancer and Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000.
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds - FreshBenies
- 401(k) with matching
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual