Job Title: Project Manager
Job Location: Alexandria, VA
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Travel: Possible travel is anticipated
People, Technology and Processes, LLC is seeking a Project Manager (PM) to provide support for DoD OIG projects. The PM shall manage projects as the primary or alternate project manager ensuring project goals and constraints are met, and deliverables are complete. The PM will conduct projects in accordance with Project Management Institute and OIG project processes and provide input on project process improvement.
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWRD*****
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Plans, directs, and coordinates project activities to ensure that established milestones are accomplished on time, within prescribed funding parameters, and in accordance with client business objectives.
• Conducts analytical studies and reports project metrics and status to include but not limited to using, earned value calculations, cost benefit analysis, performance charts, and quantitative risk assessments
• Completes necessary project documents and plans within Microsoft (MS) Project Server (a simplified version of Project Professional) to include but not limited to project proposals, project charters, scheduling plans, quality control plans, communication management plans, and project closing documents
• Develops and maintains effective stakeholder communication and relationships, and escalates problems to management if needed
Required Education and Certifications:
• Bachelors degree or Master’s degree a plus
• PMP certification strongly preferred, Six Sigma a plus
Minimum Required Experience:
• 6-10 years of project management experience
• Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
• Experience presenting to all levels for creative presentations and be proficient in presentation software (PowerPoint and Keynote)
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project, VISIO, Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Competency in ideating in the digital and social space
• Experience working within quick timelines and deadlines
• Eye for design, typography and photography with an emphasis on details
• Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics.
• Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
• Experience managing project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk.
• Experience managing client expectations and anticipating operational and tactical risks and tracks them; clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required.
• Experience with current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and have experience in presenting material to senior DoD and non-DoD officials.
About the company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
• Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
• Set the Example - "Be out front"
• Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
• Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Supplemental benefits (Cancer and Accident).
• Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
• Employer-sponsored Long-Term Disability
• Employer-sponsored Short-Term Disability
• Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
• 401(k) with matching
Holidays and Annual Leave
• 11 Paid Holidays
• 120 hours PTO accrual per year