Job Title: Web Communication Specialist Lead
Job Location: Washington D.C.
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Travel: Possible travel is anticipated
Part Time: Full Time
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWRD*****
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Assist in developing a comprehensive Section 508 compliance program by ensuring that compliance with Section 508 is consistent with federal, departmental policies, and industry best practices; serve as Section 508 coordinator and subject matter expert on all 508 issues; provide guidance on technical issues involving Section 508 as it relates to the OIG web sites and all electronic media.
• Review all electronic documents for Section 508 compliance.
• Assist the publication specialists and other OIG employees with developing Section 508-compliant products. Recommend and implement a workflow system to ensure Section 508 compliance is part of the document and report publication development process.
• Review procedures and provide recommendations for improving process for all OIG websites. Make the necessary technical modifications and corrections to ensure maximum Section 508 compliance and support the goal of reaching 100% compliance.
• Monitor and recommend changes in laws, regulations, policies, standards, guidance, technology, and other developments that affect Section 508 compliance. Review procedures and provide recommendations for improving Section 508 compliance on all DOD OIG internal and external websites.
• Participate in weekly and quarterly meetings regarding release of public information, website management, and Section 508 compliance.
• Review procedures and provide recommendation for improving process for acquiring emerging technology and provide information to assist management in incorporating Section 508 compliance when planning for and making decisions regarding issues such as modernization of technology, equipment, services, and processes related to the release of public information.
• Develop component level training programs to instruct both web and publications specialists (currently 14) on how to develop Section 508 compliant products.
• Liaise with OIG personnel as required to ensure 508 compliance guidelines are effectively translated into OIG editing and quality standards.
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• 5 years of experience with HTML, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, JAWS, Dragon Naturally Speaking, ZoomText and ZoomText Fusion, and other similar applications
• 5 years of experience in a related field
• 5 years of experience with the Section 508 Amendment to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and IT Accessibility Laws and Policies
• SECRET Security Clearance
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
• Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
• Set the Example - "Be out front"
• Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
• Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Supplemental benefits (Cancer and Accident).
• Employer-sponsored Short-Term Disability
• Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
• Employer-sponsored Long-Term Disability
• Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
• 401(k) with matching
Holidays and Annual Leave
• 11 Paid Holidays
• 120 hours PTO accrual per year