Job Title: Publication Design Specialist Lead
Job Location: Washington D.C.
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Travel: Possible travel is anticipated
Part Time: Full Time
*****THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWRD*****
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Prepare, maintain, and update templates for documents and presentation charts for both standard office programs and desktop publishing software.
• Create and produce lengthy reports using Government-supplied text, charts, illustrations, and graphics using Adobe InDesign following established templates and report guides.
• Conceptualize designs to create and edit a variety of communications materials such as logos, posters, banners, flyers, brochures, communication packages, exhibits, newsletters, charts, graphs, conference materials, and other media as requested.
• Assist with designing original artwork and illustrations to support various written material and reports for print and electronic publication.
• Prepare, edit, and arrange for print or electronic publication of completed products in Portable Document Format (PDF) files for electronic publication.
• Prepare and convert Portable Document Format (PDF) files for 508 Compliance.
• Assist Agency Printing Specialist Point of Contact to arrange for printed documents from external agency vendors.
• Perform document file conversions to enable electronic publishing.
• Assist with developing and maintaining publications style guides, templates, instructions, and instruction manuals.
• Manage report and creative projects using database management systems and/or
• programs as required by the Government for tracking purposes.
• Manage projects from concept through completion for both report publication and creative design projects
Job Specific Knowledge/Requirements:
• 8-10 years of experience working as a graphic designer
• Experience with workflow/project management tools
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and be resourceful in a fast-paced environment
• Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite
• Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly articulate requirements
• Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
• Proven ability to work effectively within a fast-paced team environment
• Organized, detail oriented and relationship builder.
• SECRET Security Clearance
About Our Company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
• Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
• Set the Example - "Be out front"
• Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
• Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Supplemental benefits (Cancer and Accident).
• Employer-sponsored Short-Term Disability
• Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
• Employer-sponsored Long-Term Disability
• Employer-sponsored Value Adds – FreshBenies
• 401(k) with matching
Holidays and Annual Leave
• 11 Paid Holidays
• 120 hours PTO accrual per year