Purpose The IDST will be based on a hub and spoke concept of operations with analysts permanently positioned or on Temporary Duty (TDY) status at the USSOCOM HQ, TSOC, Component Commands, Special Operations Joint Task Forces (SOJTF), Combined Joint Special Operations Task Forces (CJSOTF), Special Operations Task Forces (SOTF), and Special Operations Command Forward Elements (SOCFWD). The IDST contractors/analysts will vary in skill sets ranging from Data Scientists to Data Integrators and will provide support to IDST leadership during recurring planning events, customer requirement discussions, and capability development in line with their respective positional technical requirements. IDST contractors will operate and conduct analysis on SOFNET-U, SOFNET-S, JIANT, SOIS, SOCRATES, NSAnet, and in some cases on the commercial internet.
• Acquire and assemble large, complex datasets that align with USSOCOM enterprise requirements
• Building, testing, and maintaining data infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using modern data technologies
• Develop analytics tools and transformative algorithms for data to provide actionable insights into customer processes, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
• Create new data validation methods for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing products to fulfill customer objectives
• Work with IDST stakeholders including USSOCOM leadership, customers, and design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
• Analyze procedures for USSOCOM data separation, access, and security across users and the enterprise data architecture
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture and support associated process improvements for automating manual processes, data delivery, and infrastructure re-design for scalability
• Possess a minimum of a bachelor's degree in computer science, IT, or similar field.
• 8 years’ experience as a data engineer or in a similar role.
• Demonstrated experience employing data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
• Demonstrated experience developing, deploying and/or maintaining enterprise level data solutions
• Experience with SQL database design
• Data engineering certification is a plus
• Current DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access and ACCM read-on
About the company: As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
Set the Example - "Be out front"
Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
Persevere - "Find a way"
Benefits PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).