- Needs Assessment for determining the gaps between current and desired states at organizational, macro and micro levels and determining appropriate solutions, including training solution recommendations
- Training Situation Analysis to identify current training assets, limitations, constraints and to describe potential impacts of training solutions to performance requirements. Can include training suitability analysis, cost-benefit analysis
- Job and Task Analyses (JTA) and Cognitive Task Analysis for VBA critical positions in accordance with the guidance and requirements outlined below and VBA’s applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). These analyses will be aligned to VBA’s competency model in accordance with the procedures outlined in VA's Guide to Developing, Validating, and Implementing Occupation Specific/Technical Competencies.
- Analyze training offerings against performance criteria and proficiency level and identify content gaps and redundancies.
- Recommend courses for removal, revision, or addition to address content gaps and eliminate redundancies, and sequence remaining courses in accordance to pre-requisite information, performance criteria and desired proficiency level.
- Assist in identifying strategies and recommending technologies to enable maturity and the ability to evolve the VBA to continue the Digital Badging and Credentialing program used to both promote employee learning and aid VBA in managing the skills and competencies of its workforce for members holding critical positions.
- Design and develop instructional materials for a variety of delivery modalities to include, but not limited to: Face-to-Face Instructor Led, Blended Synchronous and Asynchronous Web based training, Virtual Instructor Led Training, and performance support tools and systems
- Work with the VBA Project Manager, target audience, and SMEs to aid in the development of organizational requirements for employee competencies and proficiencies, training and performance support, standards-based diagnostic assessments, training plans, and remediation
- Provide expertise and personnel for a national training maintenance team whose composition shall include technical SMEs, certified instructors, and instructional designers who conduct regular reviews, in conjunction with developers and programmers necessary to incorporate content or process changes